Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!

Our sweet Elijah turned FIVE yesterday!!
The evening before his birthday, I made sure to kiss him over and over, telling him that I wanted to remember kissing my four year old boy for the last time. I have to admit, I cried. He asked me to snuggle him in his bed until he fell asleep. Eden has been possessive of me lately and would not allow me to snuggle him! Evie came to the rescue, she's such an angel. She read to Eden while I snuggled my little boy. It took all of two minutes for him to fall asleep. Have I mentioned that he snores? He loves his sleep.
The next morning he ran to our room to snuggle again, like he does every morning. He had a sweet, shy smile on his face as we said happy birthday to him. We then bundled up and visited Carlos and Nicole, went ice skating and had a combined party for him and Macy.




He got a DS for his birthday, he's so excited! Between his two parties, he got McQueen cars, a cool shirt, a puzzle, lego and a maze book... his relatives know him well!

Then this morning, Ronny took Evie to church. Elijah stayed home with me and Eden. Eden is not supposed to go into the nursery at church if she has a runny nose. So far, she's made it into the nursery TWICE in the last ten weeks. I don't mind staying home, I can listen to my brother preach here
and of course, Francis Chan preach here.
I do miss worship time at church though. The kids and I are starting to have our own little worship times at home though. As much as I love contemporary songs, I love hymns too. Since we're following the Charlotte Mason style of homeschooling, we are officially having a "Hymn Study" class. So our first hymn that we're learning is Great is Thy Faithfulness. Such a powerful song. And my sweet little Evie had tears well up in her eyes when we were discussing the first verse, about how God's love never fails and how He never changes. It was the first time I saw her cry about our wonderful God. And my sweet Elijah is constantly singing Great is Thy faithfulness now. It took him a bit to learn to say, "THY faithfulness" instead of "MY faithfulness". So cute.

1 comment: