Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Owl Puke

In our new Prairie Primer, we were instructed to write a report on owls and to dissect an owl pellet. I was going to take the kids to the farm to find a pellet until I read that they're full of bacteria. Apparently we're supposed to purchase one that has been sterilized. Since it's not that easy to find, we made our own owl pellets today using a recipe from our Owl Puke book. The book was another great thrift shop find!



The main ingredients were Rice Krispies and chocolate. We had to use white chocolate chunks to be the animal bones. The kids loved it!


Here's the little title page the kids made for their reports. Evie helped Eden make hers. What a nice big sister:)

2 comments:

  1. I used to play with owl puke. God's creation never ceases to amaze me. I guess we never thought of bacteria though:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The more we learn, the more we're amazed at His creation too! How could people believe that there is no God?
    You can sterilize your own owl pellet by wrapping them in foil and heating them in the oven. Ronny won't let me stick them in my oven, maybe we could use yours? ;0)

    ReplyDelete