Sunday, February 21, 2010

Oh when...

will my hair grow???



Poor Miss Eden still has very little hair! My sister Beth says that this is due to my teasing of her little hairless girl a couple of years ago. Oh well. Brushing her hair is one less thing that I have to do on Sunday mornings, since she doesn't have any!

At the beginning of the week, I felt a strange virus coming on. My mom urged me to go to EMERG since I had pain in my chest. To make a long story short, I had some pneumonia just as my mom predicted. Mom's know best!

Funny thing happened when I got the prescription. I was asking the Dr. if the antibiotic was safe for breastfeeding. He asked how old the baby. I said she was two. He said, "No, how old is the one that you're breastfeeding?". Um... that IS the one I'm breastfeeding! He just responded that I was brave. Doctors. You'd think he'd commend someone for breastfeeding, oh well.

I was thinking about what a blessing it is to have such supportive family. Not just relatives (such as my mom and siblings who all called and offered their help, and a mother in law who moved in to help for a few days) but a church family too! My dear friend babysat and cleaned my terribly messy house while another friend sat in EMERG until 2 am. The Pastor called and so did an elder, offering their help and support. I was overwhelmed with so much kindness!
Glad to say I'm feeling lots better!

No comments:

Post a Comment